[Instant Help From 9$/Pg] Cultural Competence Additional Reading
Your initial post should read approximately 250 to 350 words in length and include at least one citation from the bibliography of your textbook chapter, with the accompanying reference in APA format. To receive the maximum points, your post should include a reference from the textbook, an article of your choosing, and one of this week’s ancillary readings.
Choose one of the 11 exercises from the textbook.
- Identify one major point from the textbook exercise that was a new learning point for you
- Retrieve one article/citation from the chapter bibliography that was referenced to make this point (often referenced in the reading section before the exercise prompt)
- Apply what you learned from reading this additional article
- Address how reading this additional article built upon this major point from the text
- Discuss contradictory information from the article to the text’s main point
- Follow APA guidelines
Williams, J. M. & Krane, V. (Eds.). (2021). Applied sports psychology: Personal growth to peak performance (8th ed.). McGraw-Hill Education.
- Chapter 19: Gender, Diversity, and Cultural Competence
- American Psychological Association (APA). (2017). Multicultural guidelines: An ecological approach to context, identity, and intersectionality.
- Ryba, T. V., Stambulova, N. B., Si, G., & Schinke, R. J. (2013). ISSP position stand: Culturally competent research and practice in sport and exercise psychology. International Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology, 11, 123-142.
- Schinke, R., & Moore, Z. E. (2011). Culturally informed sport psychology: Introduction to the special issue. Journal of Clinical Sport Psychology, 5, 283-294.
- Walker, N. A., & Melton, E. N. (2015). The tipping point: The intersection of race, gender, and sexual orientation in intercollegiate sports. Journal of Sport Management, 29(3), 257-271.