[Instant Help From 9$/Pg] First Authors ’ Last
FAM 401-FAM 475 Crossover Family Issue Presentation (50 points)
Early in the semester, you will have the opportunity to expand on an assignment that you completed in FAM 401. You will take the 5-slide PowerPoint that you created for the FAM 401-FAM 475 Crossover Assignment and add an additional 5 slides as outlined below:
- Description of a policy that addresses the issue – “What has been done to help/ fix the problem?” Using any relevant outside sources, students will describe a policy or set of policies that aim to address the focal family issue. This should include a brief description of the policy and its purpose along with appropriate APA citations back to relevant source material.
- Evaluation of impact – “Did the fix work?” Students will digest information from multiple sources and prepare a brief summary of the impact the identified policy has had on the focal population and family issue. Citing relevant sources, using APA, the students will describe how the policy has or has not impacted the family issue (the policy’s intended consequences) as well as any unintended consequences that may have resulted from the policy’s implementation. As with the above sections, this portion should be primarily informed by research and should contain APA in-text citations for used source material.
- Stakeholder assessment – “Who has the power to fix it and who will gain or lose by having it fixed?” Students will briefly describe the stakeholders, (those who will benefit or be negatively impacted by any possible changes to the policy as well as those who have the power to make those changes). What motivations might they have to change the policy to try and fix the problem? What motivations might they have to not address the problem? If there are people arguing both sides of an issue, why don’t they agree? Is it because one or both sides do not understand the issue, or do they differ in other ways? Again, APA citations to source material are required to support any factual claims.
- Personal reaction – “How do I feel about it?” Having outlined the issue, relevant policy, its impact, and the stakeholders and their positions, students will conclude their presentations with a brief discussion of their own opinions on the issue and policy. Students should describe their opinions in light of the information they included earlier in the PowerPoint and should discuss how those opinions were or were not influenced by their research for this presentation. As this is entirely based on opinion, there is no right or wrong answer for this section. Instead, points will be based on whether the students clearly articulate their opinion and how they arrived at it.
- References slide – the final slide of the presentation should include the full APA reference for each piece of source material used in the presentation. Per APA, this should be an alphabetized list of references according to the first authors’ last name.
Format: This will be a NARRATED PowerPoint where students record their presentations directly on the PowerPoint slideshow. As the version of the slideshow they presented in FAM 401 also included narrations, students need only to add narrations to the new slides they created for this course. The total time limit for the slideshow should be between 10 and 12 minutes.