[Instant Help From 9$/Pg] Home Health Nurse Could
Assignment 1: Discussion Assignment
The discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week based on the course competencies covered.
For this assignment, make sure you post your initial response to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use outside sources. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Complete your participation for this assignment by the end of the week.
Home Health Services
Doris is a 79-year-old woman who has recently lost her spouse and has begun receiving home health services at her home. The home health nurse has noticed Doris spending large amounts of time at home alone. The nurse would love to see Doris become more active in her community and possibly be less sedentary.
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research on home health services. Based on your research and understanding, respond to the following:
- Provide recommendations to help Doris become a more involved community member.
- Analyze and identify at least four barriers that may exist in Doris being involved in more community activities. Provide solutions to each of these barriers.
- Provide at least two examples of community programs that Doris could benefit from being involved in.
- Provide recommendations on how the home health nurse could encourage Doris to be involved in these activities.
- Describe the types of health promotion programs that are available for aging adults. Explain how these programs will benefit aging adults, physically, psychologically, and financially.
- Analyze and explain the common barriers that can occur when trying to get a senior to access a health promotion project.
- Analyze and identify at least one health promotion project in your area and describe its history and role in the community.
- Provide recommendations for funding, regulation, and demographics of this project.