[Instant Help From 9$/Pg] Identify Key Industry Structural
Your boss is responsible for updating the organization’s strategic plan. She has asked you to do some of the legwork and complete an environmental analysis. This analysis will help your organization scan the external and internal environments and identify current challenges and opportunities that will enable it to prepare for the future.
Analyze your selected organization’s external and internal environments.
Note: You will make use of this analysis in your Unit 5 assignment and later in this course.
You may use any contemporary environmental analysis tool included in the strategic management planning process to conduct your analysis. Examples include PESTLE analysis, Michael Porter’s Five Forces model, Levels of Competition model, et cetera.
Remember, your analysis must address both your selected organization’s external and internal environments. In addition, your analysis must include all of the following elements:
Environmental Analysis Requirements
- The requirements, outlined below, correspond to the grading criteria in the Current Environmental Analysis Scoring Guide, so be sure to address each point. Read the performance-level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
- Evaluate the organization’s directional strategy, as reflected in its vision, mission, and values.
- Identify key industry structural features determining the forces governing competition.
- Write a clear, concise, well-organized, professional, and generally error-free environmental analysis that supports conclusions with relevant evidence.
- Follow current APA formatting and style guidelines for citations and references.
Document Format and Length
- You may write your environmental analysis using a familiar and appropriate document format used by health care organizations, such as a memo, business report, or white paper. Adhere to APA style and formatting guidelines for citations and references, and include a references page at the end of your document.
- Your written analysis should be 5–7 pages in length (double-spaced).
- Cite a minimum of six references to current scholarly and authoritative sources to support your analysis. Examples include accrediting body standards, industry standards, and government agency reports such as from the National Academy of Medicine. You will also want to include organizational information.
- Format your citations and references according to APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Proofread your document, before you submit it, to minimize errors that could distract readers and make it more difficult for them to focus on the substance of your analysis.
Portfolio Prompt: You may choose to save your environmental analysis to your ePortfolio