[Instant Help From 9$/Pg] Include Managing Coding Audits
- Create a PowerPoint presentation with a minimum of 10 slides, in addition to the title slide and reference slide.
- Create a word document which should be at least 1000-1200 words in length to correspond with your PowerPoint presentation.
- Your written word document and PowerPoint presentation should include the items listed below. Note that the PowerPoint presentation should reflect the key points of the written paper, which is the formation to be conveyed in the virtual meeting.
- Quoting should be less than 10% for each submission. Paraphrasing is necessary.
- Students must provide in-text citations and reference at least 4 credible sources from the library or other resources such as Google Scholar.
As the Director of Health Information in a large health system, you have been tasked to prepare for a compliance audit by the CEO and Board of Directors. This will involve scheduling a departmental meeting, but many of the employees telecommute. In order to ensure all employees are able to participate, you will need to plan a virtual meeting. You will develop a PowerPoint presentation that will be used in that meeting. Your PowerPoint presentation should include the items listed below.
In addition to your textbook and the University library, the following resources will be beneficial in gathering information for your presentation:
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services https://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Administrative-Simplification/Code-Sets/index.html
AHIMA Body of Knowledge http://bok.ahima.org/PdfView?oid=71473
UHDDS and Federal compliance guidelines, Official coding guidelines from CMS, AMA, National Committee on Vital and Health Statistics (NCHVS), the National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI), and AHA.
Distinguish the difference between a classification system and medical vocabulary and terminology and explain what a HIPAA code set is. Choose three (3) classification systems identifying the functions and relationships among these systems. (Examples include but are not limited to ICD-10-CM/PCS, ICD-O-3, ICF, ICPC-2)
Develop a chart and use it to illustrate mapping of standard clinical terminology to a HIPAA code set. You should provide a three (3) examples. (Examples include but are not limited to LOINC to CPT, SNOMED to ICD, one code set to another code set)
Construct two (2) policies, processes and procedures to ensure the accuracy of coded data based on established guidelines and provide justification as to their importance.
Example of a policy/procedure template: http://www.hpso.com/Documents/Risk%20Education/Businesses/PolicyProcedureTemplateGuide.pdf
(not mandatory to use)
One of the policies and processes listed in #3 should include managing coding audits incorporating audit principles and reporting processes.