[Instant Help From 9$/Pg] Presentation Using Professional Terminology
- Explain psychological concepts in the patient’s presentation using professional terminology. Identify symptoms and behaviors exhibited by the patient in the chosen case study.
- Match the identified symptoms to potential disorders in the DSM-5 diagnostic manual.
- Propose a diagnosis based on the patient’s symptoms and the criteria listed for the disorder(s) in the DSM-5 diagnostic manual.
- Analyze and explain how the patient meets criteria for the disorder(s) according to the patient’s symptoms and the criteria outlined in the DSM-5 diagnostic manual.
- Justify the use of the chosen DSM-5 diagnostic manual (i.e., What evidence supports the validity of this manual? What are limitations of this manual?).
- Summarize general views of the diagnosis from at least three theoretical orientations (g., cognitive, behavioral, humanistic, biological, sociocultural, evolutionary, psychoanalytic, integrative, etc.). NOTE: Be clear that you are writing about theoretical orientations and using the theoretical orientations to explain the diagnosis. Do not use the theoretical orientations to discuss any therapy or treatment approaches. Your application of the theoretical orientations should answer the question: What causes this diagnosis? For example, “Based on the cognitive perspective, what causes this diagnosis?” “Based on the humanisitic perspective, what causes this diagnosis?” Etc. In addition, you may include a historical perspective on the diagnosis, but this is not required. Also note that here you are summarizing views of the overall diagnosis, not specific individual symptoms.
- Include a discussion on comorbidity if the diagnosis includes more than one disorder.
- Evaluate symptoms within the context of an appropriate theoretical orientation for this diagnosis (e.g., cognitive, behavioral, humanistic, biological, sociocultural, evolutionary, psychoanalytic, integrative, etc.). NOTE: Here you are evaluating specific symptoms, not the overall diagnosis.
- Use at least two peer-reviewed articles to assess the validity of this diagnosis, and describe which demographics are at a higher risk of developing the disorder or receiving the diagnosis based on age, gender, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, and ethnicity. Provide a brief evaluation of the scientific merit of these peer-reviewed sources in the validity assessment.
- Summarize the risk factors (i.e., biological, psychological, environmental, and/or social) for the diagnosi If one of the categories is not relevant, address this within the summary.
- Compare evidence-based and non-evidence-based treatment options for the diagnosi
- Evaluate well-established treatments for the diagnosis, and describe the likelihood of success or possible outcomes for each treatment.