[Instant Help From 9$/Pg] Successful Jcaho Survey Accreditation
Scenario: Martha, an RN that has been working at XYZ hospital for the last 20 years as a nurse and is very familiar with many aspects of the hospital at various levels of operation. She has served in administration when the hospital needed the coverage and also spent many years as a nurse working in the unit where she is working now.
Recently the hospital administration announced a 2% pay increase for all employees. Several of Martha’s colleagues believe that this is a generous raise especially considering the economy of the country which has been fairly poor lately. Others consider the raise a slap in the face considering the hard work that they all have contributed to in the last year.
Also, a successful JCAHO survey accreditation with accommodation only 3 months ago and several community awards pointing out the great work the nurses have done both in the hospital and in the community. Although these all demonstrated the dedication and outstanding nature of the nurses in the hospital, it has been a sticking point for many of the nurses because they feel that the 2% raise is being shared among other employees in the hospital, and, a 2% raise after taxes and divided by 2080 hours is about 25 cents an hour for most of the nurses in the hospital.
Furthermore, Martha being a trusted individual among administrators and nurses alike has found herself in a difficult position because many people in the hospital are asking her to weigh in on the recent raise.
- Read the scenario above.
- Then, answer the following questions below:
- How do you feel Martha should handle it when she is asked about the recent raise?
- Is there any action that administration could find to recognize the nurses and the hard work they have performed in the last year?
- Is there any problem with these solutions that you might anticipate?
- Summarize what you have learned about internal/external rewards from the readings in the textbook, and then, discuss how this might fit into the scenario at XYZ hospital.
- Your response should be:
- One (1) pg.
- Typed into a Microsoft Word document according to APA style for margins, formatting, and spacing standards