[Instant Help From 9$/Pg] Written Overview Detailing Best
Vila Health: Regulatory and Compliance Landscape
Review the Vila Health scenario where you assume the role of the quality assurance manager. In this scenario, you met with various department heads to gather information about what regulatory agencies and specific regulations impact safety at each department the most. You also discussed the benefits and challenges of Joint Commission accreditation with department heads and leaders at the organization. After you complete the interviews and meetings in this scenario, consider how the regulatory agencies, accrediting bodies, and specific regulations impact patient safety.
For this assignment, develop an executive summary that includes the following:
- A table that lists:
- Key regulatory agencies and accrediting bodies.
- What specific standards from each regulatory agency and accrediting body impact patient safety.
- A written overview detailing best practices for compliance with regulation and accreditation.
To be successful in this assignment, ensure you complete the following steps:
- Examine the different regulatory agencies, and their procedures for conducting surveys and determining compliance.
- Evaluate national safety goals through accrediting bodies, such as the Joint Commission as well as oversight organizations such as AHRQ.
- Analyze best practices for meeting the safety goals.
- Develop a patient safety program, utilizing concepts of continual readiness.
- Develop a mechanism for reporting potential threats to stakeholder safety.
- Analyze evidence-based practices within an organization’s health care safety program.
- Evaluate and propose how to link health care safety goals to those of the organizational strategic plan to create and sustain an organization-wide safety culture.
Your assignment should meet the following requirements:
- Length: 2-4 double-spaced pages, excluding the cover page, table of regulatory agencies and accrediting bodies, and references list. Include page numbers, headings, and running headers.
- References: 3-5 current peer-reviewed references.
- Format: Use current APA style and formatting, paying particular attention to citations and references.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.